MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
- To schedule an appointment, please call our office at 318-798-9400.
- Your appointment will be confirmed by our automated appointment confirmation system prior to your appointment date.
- To provide timely service to our patients, we require all visits to be by appointment only.
- Please notify our office as soon as possible if you need to cancel your appointment.
- Please bring your medical records, any recent lab results, and a list of your current medications with you or have your primary care physician forward the information to our office prior to your appointment. This information will allow us to review your medical history and avoid performing duplicate tests.
- We request that you arrive at the office 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- Please bring your insurance card with you.
8:00 AM to 4:00PM
Monday through Friday
All new patients accepted at Advanced Cardiovascular Specialists are by physician referral unless your insurance policy offers a self-referral option.
Many commercial policies require a referral number and/or precertification for office visits to a specialist and/or for certain procedures. While our Business Office does call and check benefits prior to your office visit, it is the patient’s responsibility to follow up and make sure we have the necessary referral numbers if your insurance policy requires it.
We will work with you to obtain your full benefits from your insurance carrier if a payment problem develops due to precertification issues. However, the final responsibility to resolve the account balance remains with the patient.
AFTER-HOURS CARE AND EMERGENCIES
- If you have an emergency after-hours, you can call our office at 318-798-9400. The answering service will contact the physician on-call.
- If you are experiencing chest discomfort or pain, immediately call 911 or your local emergency number, or go directly to the nearest emergency room.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Specialists’ regular business hours are from 8AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday. Requests for prescription refills after regular business hours should be called in using our prescription refill phone line at 318-795-4650. Your refill request will be addressed the following day during our regular business hours.
IT IS THE NATURE OF OUR PRACTICE TO MAKE EMERGENCIES OUR PRIORITY.
On occasion, it does happen that our physicians have to handle emergencies, causing scheduled appointments to run behind. Please understand that we will do our best to see you in a timely manner. In the event that a physician is late and there will be a substantial wait time, our office staff will give you updates as to when the physician will arrive.
If you are diabetic, please bring food with you in the event that you have to wait for your appointment.
Family members may wait in the room with the patient or in designated waiting areas.