Confirm Rx Insertable Cardiac Monitor
The FDA-approved Confirm Rx Insertable Cardiac Monitor is the world’s first ICM that allows patients to record and transmit symptoms with a smartphone-based app. This easy-to-use app allows you to take control of your heart health and identify when you feel issues with their heart without the need for an additional bedside transmitter or activator. This all-in-one integrated transmitter and symptom recorder is tied to the patient-controlled myMerlin smart-phone app and is accessible at any time.
Do you answer “yes” to any of the following questions?
- Do you experience transient (irregular) heart symptoms?
- Have you been told you may have a cardiac arrhythmia?
- Do you have clinical syndromes or situations that put you at increased risk of cardiac arrhythmias?
- Have you been previously diagnosed with atrial fibrillation, or are susceptible to developing atrial fibrillation?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you may be a candidate to receive the Confirm Rx Insertable Cardiac Monitor. Contact our office to schedule an appointment for a consultation to see if the Confirm Rx Insertable Cardiac Monitor is right for you.
What features does the myMerlin app have?
When you use the myMerlin app in conjunction with your Confirm Rx Insertable Cardiac Monitor, you can do the following:
- Annotate symptoms with keywords, such as “fainted” or “fluttering,” providing additional clinician insight for a confident diagnosis.
- Send symptom transmissions to the clinic immediately after an episode.
- View previous symptom transmissions and symptom history without having to contact the clinic.
- Receive automatic notifications when patients miss device checks or scheduled transmissions.
What’s the procedure like?
This minimally-invasive, outpatient procedure is as easy as using the device itself! Performed by any of the Advanced Cardiovascular Specialists cardiologists, patients who qualify for the device will be in and out of the office in under 30 minutes to complete the procedure. There’s no recovery time necessary, and no medications required – you are ready to start transmitting data as soon as the cardiac monitor is painlessly inserted! Take a look at how small the device is – it is approximately as thin as a nail file:
Is my health information safe?
Yes – the myMerlin smartphone app takes the security of its users very seriously, and encrypts your data so that it is not accessible by anyone that is not directly authorized by ACS and yourself.
What kind of symptoms should I record on my Confirm Rx Insertable Cardiac Monitor?
The Confirm Rx Insertable Cardiac Monitor is indicated for the monitoring and diagnostic evaluation of patients who experience unexplained symptoms such as:
- Heart Palpitations
- Chest Pain
- “Fluttering” of the Heart
- Shortness of Breath
It is also useful for patients who are at risk for cardiac arrhythmias or have been previously diagnosed with/susceptible to developing atrial fibrillation.
How do I get a Confirm Rx Insertable Cardiac Monitor?
If you experience any of the symptoms mentioned above, you may be a candidate to receive the Confirm Rx Insertable Cardiac Monitor. Contact our office to schedule an appointment for a consultation to see if the Confirm Rx Insertable Cardiac Monitor is right for you.